Simply Floral Fantastic: Bels Flowers

Wednesday, April 11, 2012


What is company name and what is your line of business?


Bels flowers and I am a florist dedicated to creating beautiful flowers!





 How and why the company begin?


I went to university to study PR and worked in PR and Marketing for four years after graduating, and while I liked it I really wanted to LOVE my job. I’d always really wanted to be a florist so I went part time in Marketing and re trained as a florist at college. Following finishing my training I worked alongside another florist for a while before setting up bels – now I do LOVE my job!! 

Are you married?

Yes, I got married in August 2010


Why do brides come to you?


Brides come to me as they have seen my work or one of my lovely brides, clients or contacts has recommended me! I’m very blessed to have a fantastic network of people and companies I work with regularly – including Simply Bows and Chair Covers!


I think when brides come to me they get a really special service – making them feel, as they should on their special day, the centre of attention and like nothing is too much trouble!

  
What is your favourite design and why ?

I LOVE hydrangea and a type of rose called ‘Green Tea’. Anything with those flowers in are my favourites! But I also love simple classic designs – all abundant and luxurious though!

 What is the most popular item you supply and why?


I find most of my brides go for a very English country garden, relaxed style – I think because that’s the style I tend to do a lot. The style and colours for that type of arrangement are really on trend for the vintage look. And fantastically will age gracefully!


 Where do you get your inspiration from?


My mums’ garden is a great inspiration- she’s a very talented gardener and the combinations of flowers, colours and textures create a good mood board for inspiration! She’s always created a very tranquil inspirational space in her garden.


I also love to look at fashions of dresses, and colours – not necessarily in bridal fashions in all fashion. And looking at blogs are fantastic inspiration – they’re some brilliant ones to loose yourself in for hours!




What is in store for you in 2012


I have lots of lovely brides I’m very excited to be working with in 2012!!! More weddings at lots of beautiful venues all over the North East and beyond! I also have some bookings in London which I’m very excited about.


And I’m extending my work space to have lots more capacity!








Who would be your dream client, and what sort of design would you envisage for them?


Cheesy as it sounds I am working with lots of dream clients!! Some of the brides I’m working with over the next 12 months have such amazing ideas about the styling, overall look and finish to the wedding. When I first finished college I made bouquets and buttonholes for weddings and now I work with the bride to create the whole ambience and feeling of the wedding – which is incredible.



 What would be your top tips for brides when searching for a supplier in your industry?


Get recommendations! And make sure you see lots of pictures of their wedding work. A good indication of the quality of supplier is where they work and who they work with regularly.




Where are you based and where can you supply?


I work from home in Jesmond and I work all over the UK! I have done wedding flowers in Cornwall, Wales, Edinburgh, The Lakes, Liverpool….




How can I get in touch to discuss my requirements or place an order?


I can be contacted by phone on 07976 245 853 or email info@belsflowers.co.uk. My website is www.belsflowers.co.uk and I have lots more pictures on my facebook page www.facebook.com/belsflowers - I always meet brides to discuss their bespoke quote







Why do you like to work with Simply Bows and Chair Covers?


Charlotte at Simply Bows is fantastic; she has great ideas, wonderful style and has the same work ethic of making every bride feel special, as do the whole Simply Bows and Chair Covers team. The quality of the linen is the best I’ve seen and the attention to detail is second to none!

0 comments:

Post a Comment