Simply Bows Real Life Bride: Cherie....

Friday, August 31, 2012

Today we interview a Simply Bows and Chair Covers Real Bride Cherie who married her lovely hubby Paul at Langley Castle Hotel...



Tell us about your engagement...

We got engaged on the 7th April 2007, I was outside hanging out the washing and my oldest daughter came and give me a ring and said “mammy I think you should marry daddy” when I looked up Paul was standing there smiling! 

Where and when did you get married?
 
We got married on Friday the 23rd March 2012 . We got married at Langley Castle. We choose Langley because the venue is amazing and our children loved the idea that mammy and daddy were getting married in a real castle. Also it’s close to where all our family and friends live. 



Did you have a wedding theme?
 
We didn’t really have a theme, although I just wanted it to look amazing. 
Our colour scheme was dark blue and cream.
The first time we looked around Langley simply bows were setting up for a weeding and when we walked into the function room it took our breath away. We instantly knew we had to have chair covers, chair covers were never in the budget but after what we show we had to have them! Kristy from Simply Bows and Chair Covers was recommended to us by the venue and she was brilliant to work with, she listened to what we wanted and then came up with what we asked for and the attention to detail was out of this world. We received so many comments about the finished room. The worst bit was having to wait nearly 1 year before I could see it all set up!




Tell us about your dress...

I wore an Amanda Wyatt dress which I bought 18 months before my wedding, it was the first dress I saw and fell in love with it straight away, I even nearly had a fight with some other bride who wanted the same dress! 

It had just been reduced from £800 to £300 that morning. I went for bodice style dress with a long train, I loved wearing this dress, and have even had it on a few times since I got married just because I feel amazing in it! 



And your bridesmaids...
 
They wore navy blue dresses with a cream sash around the middle, and my little flower girl wore a navy blue and cream dress, this dress was my bargain. 

 
Who photographed your big day?
 
Sarah Thew took our photos, Sarah and her husband Peter was amazing on our day so friendly and were amazing with our guests. I love my wedding photos so much!



Tell us about the little touches...

Our table names were named after streets that meant something to us i.e. Hill Street was where we had our first kiss, hallstile bank our first house etc.  

The most amazing part of the day for me, was when I started to walk down the aisle and looked up and saw Paul, I fell in love with him all over again!


Did you have a honeymoon?

We didn’t have a honey moon, as we couldn’t go away due to having three  children. But we did have a 2 nights in York which was amazing. 

What is your special tip for other Bride's to be?

My tip would be enjoy planning and do what you want not what other people want you to do, IT’S YOUR WEDDING!!

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment