Sleeping tricks

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Last night, I had a hard time sleeping. I kept waking up in the middle of the night obsessing about random things (my specialty). Even my pregnancy pillow didn't help.

My dad, who is a champion sleeper, once taught me a great trick: Pretend that you’re going to fall through the bed. It makes you realize how tensed up your body is and helps you relax. Counting sheep is also helpful, although weirdly I never know where the sheep are supposed to go once they've jumped over the fence. I sometimes make them circle back, so it's just one or two exhausted sheep running around the whole time. Apartment Therapy also found the most relaxing song ever, which actually slows down your heartbeat.

Are you a good sleeper? Any tips?

P.S. Encouragement.

(Photo of Sally Field)

0 comments:

Post a Comment