Simply Sparkling: Glitzaratti show bride's how to put the sparkle in their wedding shoes!

Saturday, November 24, 2012


What is company name?
Glitzaratti
 What is your line of business?
Bespoke shoe & handbag embellishment/design

How and why the company begin?
It all began out of love for the shoes and years of making and designing for myself.  Fashion has always played a major part in my life and spent many a weekend with my nose in a fashion magazine or watching runway showcases online. I wanted to provide the market with something unique, somewhere a client could come and if they didn’t see exactly what they wanted or they required something very particular to them we could do it and without the 4 figure price tag.

Are you married?
Not at the minute but if there are any takers out there please get in touch, there is a Vera Wang with my name on it! 

Why do brides come to you?
They come for that extra special pair of shoes or handbag made just for them. Your wedding day is one of the most important days of your life it is a massive reflection of your personality and everything should be perfect and we understand this and that’s why we strive for perfection right down to the last pearl or crystal placement.

What is your favourite design and why?
Oh god….don’t think I could choose! I love them all equally. However my little apple clutch bag is making quite a few public appearances with me recently but ultimately it would have be my first ever design I took public which was the peacock shoe it will always hold a special place in my heart and indeed my wardrobe.

What is the most popular item you supply and why?
Our best seller is our fully encrusted design and comes in over 40 colour choices. Most popular however is the Aurora Borealis which is a light changing crystal (think petrol on water) and throws out the most amazing colour and sparkle. They take 16 solid hours per shoe and carry over 4000 hand placed crystals.

Where do you get your inspiration from?

Everywhere really. My last design ‘Seashell’ was inspired from a day at the beach with my puppy Fendi. Our brides will often provide us with their wedding jewellery to design a shoe to match.  I guess I like to push the boundaries I want to provide something unique that will make people think ‘that’s really different, but very wearable’ exuberant fashion isn’t just for the catwalks anymore people what to push those boundaries in everyday life and what day is more important than  your wedding day to make a statement about who you are.

What is in store for you in 2013
I can’t tell you all the secrets (or ill be getting in trouble for ruining some big surprises) but I can say lots of new designs and getting out there with the Glitzaratti brand (we will be living out of suitcase the majority of summer 2013) as we take our products to the public. We are scheduled to attend Girls day out in Glasgow next year which we are looking forward to as well as plenty more besides. The completion of our new website which hosts a design your own shoe app for our customers, a first in the UK and as far as we aware, the world. This allows a customer to design their own shoe and have it made and delivered within 3 weeks. We also celebrate our 1st birthday in February!

Who would be your dream client, and what sort of design would you envisage for them?
I am now a massive Kylie Minogue fan after I was lucky enough to receive tickets for her latest tour last year. Her fashion taste is out of this world. She designed all her tour outfits along with Dolce and Gabbana for Aphrodite Le Follies and I literally sat with my jaw to the floor! She knows what she wants and isn’t afraid to be out there with it.  I could defiantly see Miss Minogue in my 2013 collection.  Intricately detailed and never understated.

What would be your top tips for brides when searching for a supplier in your industry?
 Do your research and ask as many questions as you can. There are too many amateur companies out there. I have seen to many brides order a pair of shoes only to have them arrive and look nothing like the picture as the company has used someone else’s pictures, heart-breaking for a  bride.  Also look at the pricing and make sure what you are paying for is indeed what you are going to get. Swarovski crystals are notoriously expensive and many companies claim to use them but yet are only charging minimum amounts and use resin instead. For a fully encrusted shoe using genuine Swarovski you will pay no less than £350. The cheapest option is not always the best option.

Tell us something super interesting about you or your business that we wouldn’t already know…?
When I am not in production with the products I am out on the water. Windsurfing or teaching sailing to local kids in our community.

Where are you based and where can you supply?
We are an online mailing company however we have started going into select shops across the UK which allows you to go and look at some samples and order in store. All our stockists are handpicked and come highly recommended.
We post worldwide and have customers in France, America and Australia.

How can I get in touch to discuss my requirements or place an order?
Our most popular is Facebook at www.facebook.com/Glitzaratti
Or our website www.glitzaratti.comemail sales@glitzaratti.com
@Glitzaratti on Twitter
Or call in at any of our named stockists who will assist.

Why do you like to work with Simply Bows and Chair Covers?
We appreciated a company with high standards and who give their clients the very best 100% of the time. We would highly recommend Simply Bows and Chair Covers to any of our clients. Hopefully one day I will get to experience how lovely those chair covers look against my Vera!

0 comments:

Post a Comment