Packing for the beach

Thursday, March 21, 2013

In the past, I've posted about a few vacation outfits, just for fun, but here's what we're actually packing for the beach this weekend...
J.Crew swimsuit: When I was pregnant with Toby, I was shy about wearing a two-piece swimsuit, and I still am a little bit. I mean, there's just so much belly. But for our babymoon trip, I decided just to go for it and chose this pretty one. I've been loyal to J.Crew swimsuits since I was in my early 20s. The cuts are always flattering, and they actually cover your bum:)
Straw sunhat: Four years ago, on our honeymoon, Alex gave me a sunhat and insisted I wear it everyday to protect my alabaster skin from the harsh sun. Have you ever worn one? They're great for reading on the beach. Ever since, I've toted one on every trip.
Yellow tote: Obviously, you don't want your nicer bags to get wet and sandy at the beach, so this $35 tote comes in handy! It's the ideal size for a picnic, books and towels.
Natural sunscreen: I wear Josie Maran's face moisturizer with SPF 40 everyday. It's chemical-free, goes on smoothly, and makes your skin glow. (We use Badger for our bodies.)
NARS multiple stick: You can look instantly pretty with pink rosy cheeks on the beach.
Leather flip flops: Flip flops are the perfect beach shoes, but plastic pairs can look cheap. Then, SEVEN YEARS ago, I bought a leather pair, and they've lasted every summer since then! They look pretty with sundresses and you can wear them to restaurants without feeling like a five-year-old.
A good book: Have you ever read The Newlyweds? I just picked it up at a bookstore this week and can't wait to dive in!

What do you always pack for a trip? Any other book recommendations?

0 comments:

Post a Comment